Friday, April 20, 2012

A Calling (Amanda's Story)

  I first heard about sex trafficking right before my first trip to Kenya. We learned about different things going on in the community and surrounding areas of where we were staying and human trafficking and prostitution was very evident in the area.


  I first heard about B@AP in January 2012 at the first meeting that I went to, to get more information about what the group we wanted to start would look like. I knew that a friend of mine wanted to start some type of group to get the word out about trafficking but I had no idea that their was already a group that had something great already going.

  I decided to get involved with B@AP because the first time I heard about human trafficking it hit me hard emotionally. There has been certain things that have gone on in my life that a way I kind of almost relate to what is going on in the lives of these girls. And I also had another thought that there are girls younger than my little sister out there being trafficked. That just did not sit right with me. So I decided to join B@AP to no longer sit by and wonder if I could help out some way, but to actually get involved.


  Honestly, I have not been apart of B@AP for all that long. But just being connected with the people in this group and knowing that in some way they feel a connection to human trafficking too is awesome.


  I feel God calling me to spread the word. And not only to spread the word but to go. To go to the ones in need. I would love to be the person that saves and comforts girls that have come out of trafficking. I know that doing nothing is not an option anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment