Friday, January 27, 2012

A Calling (Aaron's story)

  I first heard about trafficking when I was 14 I think, I went to 3DYC (district youth conference) and they mentioned it in a seminar. It didn't really hit me at that point what the magnitude of human trafficking really was.


  I heard about B@AP through Kevin, who was in my block at Bethel, and he did one of his speeches on it. I was so amazed that a group of people my age had done so much. And I was appalled at all the stories and statistics. I didn't realize it was such a problem in the US. So I felt like the least I could do would be to spread the word about Bought At A Price.

  Bought At A Price has bolstered my faith in God. To see all the ways he directed this group, it's just amazing. And it just breaks my heart to hear these stories. It has shown me that if I trust in God, anything can happen.


  I feel that God has given me some gifts, and I feel that I can use them to spread the word. I love to write, and I've already done some writing for the Bethel Beacon (the school newspaper) concerning Bought At A Price. I'm a youth leader at my church (Hillside Missionary) and I had the group come and present on a Wednesday night. So I feel like my job is to continue to spread the word in whatever way possible, and to tell this amazing story as much as I can. I love what has happened with Bought At A Price and I want to tell that story to anyone who will listen.


I am Aaron Charles, and I'm Bought At A Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment